2010년 10월 29일 금요일

The visual essay

The visual essay presentations we did this week were very interesting. In such a small area, we were able to pull off different interpretation of the public art. Not only that but some students were even able to pull off different interpretation from a single object.
The visual essay presentation really pushed me to think through everything so that I can try to understand why certain things are designed in certain way. My visual essay was about trashcans and how the history of trashcan is the best representation of the development of human civilization. When I was taking pictures of trashcan I was surprised by how significant the common thing as trashcan could be in explaining the development of human civilization. In fact the more common something is the more important because it is something that we demand more.
The presentation of other students really helped me think about different arts deeply and helped me realize many things I that would never have thought of. Such as the symmetries formed between the nature and human designs, or the meaning that different fences portrays. I feel like these visual essays really helped me take a step forward in the meaning of art and how we should appreciate art more.

댓글 2개:

  1. I agree with you Hyun Ki Lee. There were so many great presentations and it is amazing how different they all were. With the broadness of this topic and the ability to do whatever you wanted with it, people tended to do very different things, and that is interesting to note. Without a very strict guideline to follow, I personally felt lost at first. But everyone somehow came up with these great ideas and I have a new perspective and have learned something new about a lot of things. It was great to see all this art around Atlanta that I didn't even know existed. AND it was great to see art from other places as well!

    P.S. - I loved your trashcan idea! I hope some of the revisions and stuff we talked about on peer edit day helped! You did awesome! :)

    답글삭제
  2. Agree with Kelly! The trashcan theme is so creative. I would never have thought of that!

    답글삭제